Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wellness, not a "project" afterall

I had a lovely acupuncture appointment today with my ND.    We talked alot about the wellness journey.     I explained to her that I was beginning to feel better, how it seemed to be a slow and steady journey, and how bit by bit, day by day, I was feeling improvements, more energy, a better outlook.

Knowing how I project manage everything (this didn’t take her long to figure out), she counseled me on the process of wellness and how health is not a project – there is no start, middle or end.   It is not “accomplished” once a certain goal is reached.     It is a constant and continuous journey.      
I have a hard time with this concept I must say.    How does one manage something that doesn’t have a start and end?        This is definitely homework on my end – maybe I need to ‘project manage’ my inclination to project manage my health.    JK.

In the meantime, I read this on The Happiness Project today, so I thought I’d share
10 Common Happiness Mistakes.                               
  1. To delay to do something important until you have some “free time,” because you may never have any free time
  2. To retreat into isolation when you’re unhappy
  3. To neglect to make a small change because you think a big change is necessary
  4. To refuse to consider a big change because you assume you can only make a small change
  5. To “treat” yourself to something you wouldn’t ordinarily permit yourself, because you’re feeling blue
  6. To postpone something important until you’re feeling healthier, or thinner, or married, or whatever
  7. To think that you can “make” someone else be happy
  8. To imagine that what’s true for other people is true for you
  9. To spend too much time, or not enough time, thinking about the past, present, or future
  10. To ignore the truth about your own temperament, interests, and aptitudes
Well, in my opinion, there are no mistakes – only learning.

Happy Hump Day everyone, let the sun shine on.

No comments:

Post a Comment