Thursday, October 14, 2010

Back at it...........NOT

I had my appointment with my ND today.     The ‘long and the short of it’ is – no more running for me for awhile.  Boooo. :(


Turns out my “M” symptoms are due to simply being out of gas.      Yup, I have the dreaded “adrenal burnout”.       The adrenals give us our fight or flight, and when there’s no fuel, you’re just out of steam.   Period.

Running uses adrenalin which essentially is the wonderful euphoria we feel after our runs, aka runner’s high.     Adrenalin comes from the adrenals, I’m told.   This makes sense, I mean, where else would it come from right? 
  
So continuing to run would only tap me out completely.

My project (if I choose to take it):      learn to fill the tank back up.   How you ask?  (I wish I’d never asked :) ).     Yoga.    TaiChi.    Qu’Gong.     

So, I’m on a mission to love yoga -a journey to find a fun yoga class.    Lord, is there such a thing?

YOga

No comments:

Post a Comment