Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Listen and/or learn

Today was a tough day.     First, I gotta say, dark mornings AND dark evenings are bit much on the psyche.    When the heck does the time go back?   Someone, please tell me.     I need one or the other:   bright mornings and dark evenings, or vice versa.  But not both!     Went to work this morning when it was dark and came home when it was dark.     Arggghhh.

More important in the day, I found out that individuals who I thought were friends, perhaps felt differently about me.     Ouch.      Very disappointing to say the least.      But, in hindsight, as I reflect back, I think the signs where there.    My instinct was telling me all along that maybe this wasn’t the right relationship for me. 
Instinct is a gift we all have, and yet is so tough to listen to.   Sometimes it whispers and other times it screams.      All the same, no matter how much we practice listening, there are times we still don’t get it right.       

I’ve decided that the times we don’t get it right, is because we had something to learn.    Yes, we realize we have to listen better.   But more importantly, it forces us to look at ourselves and ask, what would I have done differently, and what am I going to do about it now.     You know, choose  your attitude.      Now that’s an invaluable skill – choosing your attitude.    Practice it, it’ll take you a long way.

So onward and upward.     I’ve decided to brush it off -  leave it behind .     But, I am definitely in reflection mode as I look forward.

Live, LISTEN, and learn.

And besides, I just had a bowl of ice cream – life IS good.
Chocolate-Icecream_372x459

No comments:

Post a Comment