Saturday, October 30, 2010

Project Water

Saw my ND yesterday – had a wonderful 30 minute session of acupuncture.      She treated my adrenals and kidneys, as well as my liver and gallbladder.    Further, she also put one of those needles in my forehead to help in creating a calm, quiet and peaceful mind.     I think it worked.

One thing she told me was that “we” (the royal we, the universal we, you and me – we), should be drinking 2 to 3 liters of water A DAY!!     That’s allota watah!!!.     So, since I was working from home yesterday, I got my 4-cup measuring cup out (this is 1 litre for those who didn’t know), and I got my Brita (oh, more on that too), and I started pouring.     And drinking.      And I kept track – my aim was to drink 3 litres of water.      And I did it.    Not that bad.     And you know what?     I wasn’t at all hungry – I felt full, the whole day.   Unintentional, imagine!!     Ahh, so what they say may be true, if you want to lose weight, drink water.      A-HA.

She also shared her thoughts on Brita filters.    She explained to me that while our municipal water is treated, it is NOT treated for hormones in the water - hormones that are excreted from women on birth control pills, HRT, men on testosterone HRT, etc.    This gets into our water.       However, a charcoal filter, aka Brita, does the trick about 90%.   

So, today is Saturday, am planning on another 3-litre day.      I want to continue to assess  if this excessive water ‘thing’ has any merit with regards to how different I feel, ie. less tired, more energy, less hungry, better digestion, , etc.

In the meantime, it’s Halloween Eve.    Thought this was pretty cute - complements of Martha Stewart:

ka_fa02_gourdfamily_xl

Off to a Yin class – Ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…….

No comments:

Post a Comment