Thursday, November 25, 2010

Feeling just a little profound today....

On Tuesday of this week, my Mother’s oldest brother passed away.     I got thinking, what must it be like to lose a sibling.    I have been SOOO blessed to have not experienced this type of loss, so was imaging it through my mother’s eyes.    While he was 82 and she is 79, I thought how it must knock on the door of mortality, and if nothing else, bring on some nostalgia.

Today is Thanksgiving in the US, as we all know.    And today I am thankful for a blessed life, for the health of my beautiful sisters and the part they play in my life.

Here they(we) are.

                                           sisters

and before my time – my sisters and our Dad while doing some fine livin’ at the cottage.

                                                      dad and sisters

and because it’s Thanksgiving, something beautiful and warm.

                                            fall-accessories-MEDIUM

Happy Thanks-Giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment