Saturday, November 20, 2010

Project Shopping - I will do!

I would like to say that there are 34 shopping days until Christmas.     Yup, that’s it - 34 days.      Today is November 20th, and I have completed 50% of my Christmas shopping today.     This, my dear friends, is a first!!!   

My goal is to be completely done my Christmas shopping by November 30th.      This, I will do.       I have made this promise to myself.       This year I will not stress over Christmas – I will make lists (even if I forget them at home), I will develop a project plan, will role out action plans, will set up Gantt charts, will recruit assistants, and delegate tasks when needed.

This organized state of mind makes Christmas not so daunting.   In fact, I am actually looking forward to it.       This will be the first year in which December will be filled with quiet times, peaceful Saturday and Sunday afternoons.  Perhaps some home-made baking is in order (sorry M&M’s, no nanaimo bars this year). 

In the meantime, I bring you my favorite things of the season:

charlie b christams 2

Charlie Brown Christmas.   LOVE.

linus

This always makes me smile:    Linus at his best

                     awonderfullife

While I am not a big fan of this move (well, it’s not that I’m not a fan, I’ve just never watched the whole thing), it’s important to recognize the goodness in our lives, be thankful, and truly realize that it really is a wonderful life.

grinch01

Since I appear to be on the Christmas special theme, we cannot forget about this bad guy, and all the Who’s in Whoville.

ChristmasTurkey2

Goes without saying……

present
(photo via Inhabitat) – the gift of giving.    I love to find the perfect gift for someone.    So gratifying.

                           chocolate martinits jpeg

A few of these while……….

Christmas-Tree-Fireplace-1024-127315

      …….doin’ a little decorating - now one of our Christmas traditions.

Well, I could go on and on, but I thought I’d leave some for you.     Tell me, what are some of your fav’s of the Christmas season?

No comments:

Post a Comment