Monday, January 17, 2011

Wellness Watchers (WW) - and a mid-day workout report

Oh you just have to love the new year for projects, yes?    I mean let's face it, we all make a few resolutions, even if we don't (won't?) sign on the dotted line.

Well, I decided to put some structure around my wellness.    It does seem to be a bit of an oxymoron to 'project manage" wellness.  Really, shouldn't it just be intuitive and flow naturally?     I just don't think I am one of those 'spirit's'.  It would seem this spirit has a rebel side.   Hmm................go figure. :P

So, here's what I did:    I joined Weight Watchers online.     But I gotta say, the name of this "program" rubs me the wrong way.    The title leads one to believe that the main focus is weight, when really........it should be about overall wellness (in my not so humble opinion :))  And therefore, I am hereby changing the name of the program.    I'm sure this empire won't mind.   Wellness Watchers - much better!

On another note - had a great mid-day work out.     Ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes at 6.0; 0.5 incline, followed by an upper body weight training session:

3 sets of all:
Wide grip Lat pulldowns (60 lbs)
Side Lateral raises on BOSU (8 lbs)
Incline dunmbell press (25 lbs)
One arm rows (25 lbs)
Ball Flat Flyes (15 lbs)
Incline Twist Crunch

On another note, does anyone else think it's a bit freaky that Kate Middleton is wearing Princess Diana's ring?









   

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment! :)

    I think it's nice that Kate Middleton is wearing Diana's ring. I think she looks incredibly thin in her engagement dress, though. Still, I love the royals and am looking forward to the wedding - I remember when William was born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice workout! So proud of you! How did you come up with that routine??? Love to hear you are running again. How does the foot feel...think I may have plantar fasciitis now :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just nominated you for a blog award. Pop on over and collect it when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, this work out is very inspiring...just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete